Van Vleck House & Gardens is a peaceful private garden open to the public. The facility is managed by the Montclair Foundation and is provided by local individuals and businesses with donations, funds, plans and personal donations.
history Established in 1993.
The current building at 21 Van Vleck Street was built in 1916. The current garden was created when Howard Van Vleck lived in 1939. After Howard’s death, the entire 5.8 acre lot was donated to the Montclair Foundation (founded in 1979) in 1993 to protect this green oasis and continue to contribute to the family community.