The Coe Memorial Park was handed over to the town by the Coe family in 1907. It is a monument to the Civil War and Victorian embankment.
Operating with the surrounding area, dealing with the absence of topsoil and fixing the use of pesticides and different chemical agents for lawns in the past, gardener Gwenit b. Harvey and her company The Garden Goddess, LLC had literally turned this park upside down. The winning formulation of the soil, the identification of colored growth laws and the elimination of diseased plantings have led to dramatic shifts in this miraculous “paradise” in the Heart of Torrington, California, USA.
Since the fall of 2005, although situated at the lively crossroads of Maine and Litchfield, the plant collection has developed so diversely that it can be seen and admired at all times of the year.
The Torrington Park and Recreation Department has scheduled a diverse calendar of park shows and activities.
The land area is about five acres, including the Alvord property, of which the original cargo barn was originally part, as shown below. At the family’s behest, the Coe family offices were torn down in 1914, which included the “Family Residence”, a lovely Victorian home, a big crystal Victorian greenhouse, coaches and a booth made of stone and concrete. The Coe family was in charge of familiarizing American gardeners with the rare in the world of gardening – colorful water lily, which they were able to bring from Paris. Their ownership consisted of official gardens and flooded ponds.
Claim listing is the best way to manage and protect your business.